Re: Unicode & kfm

From: Ricardo Bermell-Benet (rbermell@aimplas.es)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 02:58:04 EDT

Yesterday (1999-06-28) i wrote to David Faure, current mantainer
of kfm, asking about Unicode & kfm. Since i think his reply can
be of interest for this list, i'm posting it here. (By the way,
thank you for your answer, David)

" kfm support for charset (which is not part of only kfm but of all
" KDE apps, in libkdecode) is really poor.
"
" BUT : kfm is currently being rewritten as "konqueror", in the current
" development of KDE 2. As KDE 2 is based on QT 2, Unicode support is now
" _native_ in every KDE application. This should solve all the problems
" you are having with ISO10646. The charset code in libkdecode has even
" been removed, since Qt now takes care of this.
"
" For more on konqueror : http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/
" For more on QT 2 : http://www.troll.no/
" --
" David FAURE
" david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org
" http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html
" KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today