Re: Currency symbols

From: Torsten Mohrin (mohrin@sharmahd.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 05:29:33 EDT

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:16:15 -0700, Asmus Freytag wrote:

[...]
>It would be really helpful if you could make a more formal proposal. You
>have almost all the information below, but we would need copies of printed
>samples (scanned, not hardcopy). These samples should document the glyphic
>variations that you are aware of.

Have you any additional hints for me how to make it more formal? Is it
a good idea to *try* to answer all the questions I saw in the formal
proposals?

>If you could create a PDF file or an HTML with GIFs and either post it and
>send a pointer, or send me a copy, I can forward it to the committee.

I'd like to gather more information before doing that. Especially I
want to provide more glyph samples than I have now.

[...]

>>5) Peso
>>Currency of Philippines. ISO code is PHP. Symbol is a dashed P. Could
>>be encoded as U+0050 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER P + U+0338 COMBINING LONG
>>SOLIDUS OVERLAY or U+20A7 PESETA SIGN. But the peseta sign has a
>>double dash. Glyph variants?
>
>The peseta sign that is coded in Unicode has a single bar. We are not aware
>of a double slash variant. Perhaps, you could include evidence for this?

Sorry, I've made mistake! The glyphs are identical.

Torsten

--
Torsten Mohrin
Sharmahd Computing GmbH, Hannover, Germany