List of native characters for specific languages?

From: Torsten Mohrin (mohrin@sharmahd.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 13:21:59 EDT

Well, maybe the subject is somewhat inaccurate. I hope the word
"native" is correct here.

What I'm looking for is a list of languages and for each language a
list of the corresponding script(s) and a list of the characters used
for native words in this language.

I use German as an example:
Native characters: A-Z, a-z, AOU umlaut, aou umlaut, sharp s
Characters like "a grave" or "e diaresis" are used in foreign words
only.

Does somebody maintain such a list (or database)?

I'm aware that it maybe difficult to define what "native
words/characters" are.

Torsten

--
Torsten Mohrin
Sharmahd Computing GmbH, Hannover, Germany