Re: phonetic superscripts, etc.

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 11:00:27 EDT

It sounds like you are suggesting that whenever a letter could collate
differently, it should be cloned. That would end up with a muddle of visually
identical characters, especially for Latin. There would be at least three copies
of a-diaeresis, for example.

If you really had a mixture of IPA, Greek, and Latin, and wanted words sorted
three different ways, then you should tag them appropriately; just as if you
wanted Swedish and German words to sort differently.

Mark