RE: ISO 10036/ afii (was: dotless j)

From: Christopher J. Fynn (cfynn@dircon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 19:32:27 EDT

Peter Constable wrote:

> This has been attempted. Cf. ISO 10036, which describes how to add
> glyphs to an international standard for glyphs. This registry is
> being maintained by the Association for Font Information Interchange.
> It has been somewhat moribund for the past few years, however, apparently
> due to lack of interest.

I'd be happy to contribute the collection of Tibetan ligature stacks
I've been accumulating for years to such a standard. However
I asked someone connected with afii about this and they clearly
weren't interested. Anyway last time I looked they wanted money for
registering every glyph.

Since no one has paid me for collecting all this information and I'm
unlikely ever to make any profit from it why should I pay someone
to pass it on to them?

- Chris