Fraktur is not cursive handwriting (was: Deutsche Schrift and vectors)

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 15:10:41 EDT

At 04:12 PM 7/2/99 -0700, Markus Kuhn wrote:
> Fraktur is practically unknown among the under 40 year old Germans
> (including math graduates)

Am 1999-7-6 um 2:52 hat Michael Everson geschrieben:
> Nonsense. Half the restaurants in Munich have some or all of their menus
> written in Fraktur.

As I already have remarked: Those poor students had never a bank-note
in their hands and had never the time nor money to visit a restaurant. :-)

The real error in Markus' remarks: he is referring to German handwriting
under the name of Fraktur.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz