Re: currency symbols

From: Jeroen Hellingman (jehe@kabelfoon.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 12:15:49 EDT

Well, in all the time I've lived in India, I've never seen the Rs sign with
horizontal stroke through it. It is always without it, and there is also a
Re.
symbol for the singular. I've also never seen the
French Franc sign as depicted in the standard, or the Ecu sign (not to be
confused with the Euro sign). Missing from the standard is the Philippine
Peso sign, which is quite common over there, and should be added. If you
search a little bit further, you will be able to locate a Thai bath sign,
and a Dutch florin sign, unfortunately unified with an African variant of f
(shame on unicode, they don't even look the same!), and ofcourse
Pound, Yen, and Dollar. Notice also the Bengali symbols for currency.