Re: U+01AB LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH PALATAL HOOK

From: Sandra O'donnell USG (odonnell@zk3.dec.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 09:59:48 EDT

   . . . If you cut the Unicode
   Standard loose from that deep historical context of the development
   of the writing systems, and also sever it from its recent legacy
   context of existing character encodings, no doubt systematizers
   can find more consistent ways to take it apart and put it all back
   together again -- but that is the project for the *next* standard,
   not for *this* standard.

The *next* standard?!? I thought all Unicadets believed Unicode
is the FINAL standard. In fact, didn't I hear recently that
researchers have just noticed a footnote on the Rosetta Stone
that reads "Unicode is the end. There will be no more.."

:-) Sorry, Ken, I couldn't resist.

                -- Sandra
Sandra Martin O'Donnell
Compaq Computer Corporation