Re: dotless j

From: Jonathan Coxhead (jonathan@doves.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 18:31:55 EDT

   If I consult the Atomic Theory document, I see that the following
"variant forms" of Latin letters are already encoded in Unicode:

      OPEN E
      SQUAT ESH
      STRETCHED C
      LONG S
      R WITH FISHHOOK

as well as quite a few Greek and Cyrillic letters.

   I don't know the stories behind these (though I may hope once more
for the kind enlightenment of Ken Whistler), but would it be possible
to make a case that both dotless j and dotless i are candidates for
encoding based on similar reasoning to one or more of the above?

        /|
 o o o (_|/
        /|
       (_/