RE: Unicode - Win 95

From: Tom Emerson (Tree@basistech.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 12:53:23 EDT

Barbara,

Unfortunately you are out of luck (as far as I know): Oracle Forms does not
support Unicode on Windows 95.

        -tre

Language Hacker                                    http://www.basistech.com

-----Original Message----- From: Magda Danish (Unicode) [mailto:v-magdad@microsoft.com] Sent: Friday, July 16, 1999 11:57 AM To: Unicode List Subject: FW: Unicode - Win 95

-----Original Message----- From: Barbara Nardello [mailto:barbara.nardello@objectway.it] Sent: Friday, July 16, 1999 7:44 AM To: info@unicode.org Subject: Unicode - Win 95

Hi, I have an Oracle database using the Unicode character set because I need to store some names in every european language, also the Greek. I am working with his data using an interface built with Oracle Form 4.5. I installed this interface on Win NT 4.0 and setting the NLS_LANG environment variable as .AL24UTFFSS (Unicode character set), I can read together the names in all languages rightly. Then I installed the same Oracle Form interface on Win95 but I can't read rightly all names together in all languages. This means that if I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the Autoexec.bat as WE8ISO8859P1 I can read rightly the names in all languages, but not in Greek. If I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the Autoexec.bat as EL8ISO8859P7 I can read rightly only the greek names. If I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the Autoexec.bat as AL24UTFFSS I can't read rightly the names in all languages.

I would like to know if this problem is related to Windows 95 that can't support the Unicode and if Windows 95 doesn't support Unicode, if there are some softwares to install that can resolve this problem

Thanks in advance for your help Regards

Barbara Nardello Objectway Spa