Re: Apostrophes, quotation marks, keyboards and typography

From: Jonathan Rosenne (rosenne@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 18:14:24 EDT

Markus,

1. this is one of the reasons for <Q>text</Q> in HTML. The processor can
substitute the correct character.

In general, any word processor should allow the user to style the text as a
quotation, rather than require him to type typographical characters.

2. The situation for Hyphen-Minus is quite similar.

Jony