Mongolian in ISO/IEC 10646

From: Janusz S. Bien (jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 02:34:50 EDT

Final Proposed Draft Amendment 29 "Tibetan extension" (closing date
for vote 1999-08-13) ,,Mongolian'' introduces in particular the
characters

   48 QUESTION EXCLAMATION MARK
   49 EXCLAMATION QUESTION MARK

What is the reason for creating such precomposed characters instead
of using the appropriate sequence of regular question and exclamation
marks (which, I guess, are used in Mongolian anyway)?

Janusz S. Bien

                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline -
prosze nie oczekiwac szybkiej odpowiedzi!
Data w naglowku to data rozpoczecia pisania listu, a nie jego wyslania.
On this account I read/post mail/news offline - do not expect
an immediate answer!
The date in the header refers to the moment when I started to write
the letter, not to the moment when I sent it.