Re: EUDC , PUA and Compatability Area

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 01:58:13 EDT

Avery,
Hi!
FWIW, I would like to suggest that Microsoft continue to make the
mapping range information
available in some venue. Some applications want to support Microsoft
data on non-MS systems.
(IE we need to do the conversion on OS that won't have Win32 conversion
routines available.)

Tex

Avery evangelised:

By the way, we are considering removing the mapping ranges from our
documents, because we can't gaurantee that they won't change or be
different on some systems (although we do our best to avoid such
changes). We encourage people to use the Win32 conversion routines
WideCharToMultiByte and MultiByteToWideChar, which will map PUA <-> EUDC
correctly on the appropriate platform.

F. Avery Bishop
Program Manager, International Evangelism

--
We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know

Progress Software Corp.        Voice:         +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:         +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA             texin@bedford.progress.com