Re: RE: Characters suitable for delimiters

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 12:43:00 EDT

Hello...

I'm sorry to say that I think that you should either read the standard
itself or at least read some of the technical reports and other info on the
web pages before jumping to a conclusion like that! It looks like you
haven't done any homework, or looked for much information at all.

It is not sufficient to dig through UnicodeData-Latest.txt and try to
reconstruct the standard or guess what might be in it. There's a lot more to
it than that.

If you need characters for your internal use, you could also use the private
use zone -- which is described in the standard, and probablly on other
doucments available on the web.

And, by the way, the consortium has plans for ALL of the codepoints that
aren't currently allocated. You cannot just use an unassigned codepoint...

        Rick