FW: Printing Japanese Characters

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 18:10:45 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Quint [mailto:sequint@direct.ca]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 2:54 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Printing Japanese Characters

I've got a Canon BJC-2000 printer and I've tried printing Japanese
characters using Outlook Express with IME 5.01 under Windows 95. All
characters appear properly on screen but those with Unicode values above
approximately 36800 decimal don't print. The balance, approximately 90% of
the characters, print perfectly.

The same is true of the characters appearing under the "Your System" boxes
on your individual character Web pages. Could you tell me how your pages
determine what appears in that box and whether you know why I am having this
problem. I've already contacted Canon who haven't been able to help me.

I would appreciate any help you could supply.

Thanks.

Steve Quint
sequint@direct.ca <mailto:sequint@direct.ca>