Re: Unicode and Kermit

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 15:25:38 EDT

Suppose that there is a natural word break between XY, and no natural
word break between YZ. Then here are the word counts:

XY: 2
YZ: 1
X<ZWSP>Y: 2
Y<ZWSP>Z: 2
X<ZWNBSP>Y: 1
Y<ZWNBSP>Z: 1

So ap<ZWSP>ple will count as two words, but ap<ZWNBSP>ple counts as one.
Now, we are actually talking about word selection and arrow keying, but
this is related to line breaking, so looking at UTR#14 Line Breaking
Properties (http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr14/) might be
useful.

Mark