Re: New phonemic writing system and IPA usage

From: JoAnne Marie (
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 22:30:26 EDT

>And why is faster better, anyway? I prefer to read slowly and carefully.
Things worth reading, that is.

Dear Gregg, I write myself and I am 'desperate' to have some way of
catching my thoughts (in language) as fast as I think - rather than being
'held bak' by this tedious keyboard! and handwriting is no better. What I
propose may not (necessarily) be faster to READ but (hopefully) to WRITE!

>-gregg, writing in a kind of Sunday evening, let's cut loose kind of a mood,
imagining Unicode 100 years ago: a bunch of European statesmen with huge
and cognac in a smoky back room, arguing over a map of the world...

Hope you're feeling better :-)

JoAnne Marie,
CV, Phonetics and Poetry on: