Re: Normalization Form KC for Linux

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 18:54:40 EDT

Rick McGowan scripsit:

> Gosh, I don't approve. And I've been using Unix systems for many years.
> The most flexible kind of implementation would prefer decomposed sequences.
> In any case, enlightened systems would accept anything and massage as needed
> to fit the particular application instead of forcing (or "suggesting") the
> user to run everything through the meat grinder first...

The idea here is to create documents in pre-normalized form, rather
than requiring *every* application to do its own normalization.
I disagree with Form KC here (I think Form C is the Right Thing),
but I agree with the goal of early uniform normalization.
See http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-charmod#Normalization .

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin