unicode standard text on cd

From: schererm@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 20:57:05 EDT

the ultimate goal must obviously be that all standards texts become available on
the web, for free.

who is going to organize the fundraising campains for iso, ieee, unicode, etc.
like the ones for public radio stations in the usa? volunteers?

how about we frequently call all potential users of unicode and ask them for a
pledge? if they pledged $70, then we could give them a t-shirt with "unicode" in
nice, big letters...

:-)

markus

ps: seriously, i like electronic manuals. paper feels good but is often
inconvenient. the price could be the same. this (and the above) is my personal
opinion.

peter_constable@sil.org on 99-08-25 15:44:57