Re: Bidi terminal semantics

From: Jonathan Rosenne (rosenne@qsm.co.il)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 14:03:41 EDT

ECMA-48, which preceded Unicode, envisaged an implicit alternative but
concentrated on the explicit model. We probably thought that the implicit
algorithm will guess the explicit directives. Both implicit and explicit
are logical models, and the results are similar.

TR/53 is theoretical. At the time, Arabic terminals were implicit and
Hebrew terminals were visual.

Jony