FW: Maltese Fonts

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 13:04:22 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Azzopardi [mailto:mazz@maltanet.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 3:47 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Maltese Fonts

I am currently developing Web software and would like to support the
delivery of Maltese content with the Maltese fonts. I have noticed that
there is support for some characters like U+0120, U+0121, U+0126, U+0127,
U+017B, U+017C, U+010A and U+010B. However, in the Maltese language there
are the characters 'ie' and 'gh' with the h being U+0127.
Is there any encoding for these?
Is there any font that supports these characters?
Is it possible to create a custom character until it is supported?
How do I deliver such fonts and encoding to the client's browser?
Any recommended documentation regarding these issues will be appreciated.
Yours truly

Michael Azzopardi B.Sc. (Hons.) IT (CS)
Interactive Publishing Services

Terranet Limited