Re: A basic question on encoding Latin characters

From: Mark E. Davis (
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 11:08:17 EDT

Excuse me: "Um, no" is hardly an answer.

What I stated is the general definition of dead keys in the industry, combining character
*typed* before base. Keyboard order does not have to match 1-1 with storage order for
Unicode characters, which is set by the Unicode standard.

Which words did you have trouble with?