RE: Adobe

From: Hart, Edwin F. (Edwin.Hart@jhuapl.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 12:19:24 EDT

I have done it successfully with at least the MS Mincho and Lucida Sans
Unicode fonts with Word 97, PowerPoint 97, and PowerPoint 2000.

However, you need to configure the "printer" (PDF Distiller Assistant)
before you "print" the document. Set the "TrueType" option to "download as
softfont" instead of "substitute for the device fonts". This setting is
also required to print the Adobe PostScript fonts extended for Unicode (for
example, Helvetica in Adobe Type Manager 4.0 for Windows NT). I use Windows
NT. I have no knowledge of using PDF with Windows 95 or 98.

Ed

Edwin F. Hart
edwin.hart@jhuapl.edu
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD 20723-6099
USA
+1-443-778-6926 (Baltimore area)