Re: What happened to ....?

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 16:42:34 EDT

Uh...

> U+0374 GREEK NUMERAL SIGN
> U+0375 GREEK LOWER NUMERAL SIGN
> These got renamed and moved for Unicode 1.1 back in 1993.

The "fine print" should read: This movement and rename was a one-time
occurrence for Unicode 1.1 to align with ISO 10646, and somewhere on the
Unicode web site and/or later books than 1.0, you can read all about it.

> A full collection of mathematical script letters will be available in
> Unicode 4.0.

Ahem. Such a collection might be available in 4.0. We shouldn't
over-promise our deliverables that far in the future.

        Rick