Re: Mazovia code page

From: Janusz S. Bien (jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 18:01:01 EDT

I would like to add some supplementary information.

1. There was a Polish standard which may be
   considered the official definition of Mazovia.

2. Polish versions of some early Microsoft software (FoxPro?)
   supported Mazovia, so there was even a code page number assigned to it.

3. "Mazovia" was actually the name of a PC clone produced by
   Institute of Mathematical Machines.

4. The design principle of the code was to make Polish texts as
   readable as possible when using original Hercules video card.

Best regards

Janusz

                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline -
prosze nie oczekiwac szybkiej odpowiedzi!
Data w naglowku to data rozpoczecia pisania listu, a nie jego wyslania.
On this account I read/post mail/news offline - do not expect
an immediate answer!
The date in the header refers to the moment when I started to write
the letter, not to the moment when I sent it.