Re: Enochian

From: Ashley Yakeley (ashley@semantic.org)
Date: Sun Oct 24 1999 - 07:59:11 EDT

At 1999-10-24 04:15, Michael Everson wrote:

>Ar 15:35 -0700 1999-10-23, scríobh Ashley Yakeley:
>
>>>Do the letters interact in unusual ways?
>>
>>I don't know. Is it your opinion that a script for a language that was
>>constructed 'cleanly' in this regard would not be appropriate for your
>>registry?
>
>No; if there are unique and unusual features that makes it more like a real
>script and less like a Latin cipher.

Surely usage is important factor here? A cipher is used to substitute
letters/characters/whatever in a piece of text that would normally be
written in some other script. The Enochian script, by contrast, is used
specifically for a constructed language. Fault Dee (or his angels) for
lack of imagination in construction if you like...

>>>Is there a sorting order that differs from Latin?
>>
>>I don't believe they have a sorting order at all...
>
>If anyone should appreciate Order, it should be angels.

Indeed. Doubtless this is further evidence of Dee's mental state.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA