RE: Yi

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 11:46:39 EDT

Scríobh Michael Everson:
>I would be very, very surprised if you found very much on the web
at all.
>That comes from my experience as one of the few people who did a
much
>research on Yi to get it encoded. Certainly most of it would be in
Chinese,
>if it were there.

In fact, I found a big nothing!

Moreover, the language name, "Yi", does not help with search engines: it is
so short and a common Chinese surname, so a lot of unrelated stuff comes up.
I would prefer something in Western languages, however if you have URLs to
Chinese stuff I should, very theoretically, be able to read it; and if it is
something about the script, I espect a quantity of tables and pictures.
I would be happy, at least, to see bitmaps of all those "YI SILLABLES" and
"YI RADICALS" that have been added in Unicode.
I'd also welcome references to paper books (if they are not collector's
items).

Ciao. Marco