Re: Yi

From: Christopher John Fynn (cfynn@dircon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 18:34:15 EDT

Martin Heijdra <mheijdra@princeton.edu> wrote:

> A few years ago Daniel Kai of XenoType Technologies, who was also
responsible
> for third-party Macintosh Language Kits for Burmese, Tibetan, Assyrian,
> Mongolian etc., was working on a Liangshan Yi kit. I send him a book on Yi
> typography (yes, it exists, in Chinese). However, already for quite a
while
> now all www links to these kits and the company have expired, and I can no
> longer find any more recent data. Does anyone know whether he or his
company
> are still around designing the more uncommon scripts?

> Martin Heijdra

XenoType Technologies is now at: http://www.xenotypetech.com/

They seem to have kits for Mongolian, Burmese, Khmer, Laotian, Tibetan,
Assyrian/E. Syriac, and Georgian and they have or are working on fonts for
Javanese, *Liangshan Yi*, Thai Ahom, Thai Kheun, Kiranti/Limbu, Lepha, Thai
Yai, Armenian, Cherokee, Dhivehi (Maldivian), Ethiopic/Amharic/Tigrigna,
Maltese, Sinhala
and Somali.

I don't know whether or not these fonts are designed to display Unicode text
though.

- Chris