Pashto (was RE: Internet Explorer 5, Unicode Fonts, and Fontograp her)

From: Reynolds, Gregg (greynolds@datalogics.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 09:40:21 EST

I don't read Pashto but I came across this a few weeks ago:

"The Development of the Pashto Script", by D. N. MacKenzie, in "Languages
and Scripts of Central Asia" edited by Shirin Akiner and Nicholas
Sims-Williams, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London,
1997

It's mostly about consonant forms, but notes the usage of several forms of
heh, including with surfixed hamza, to denote various final vowels.

I took a quick look at Trumpp's Pashto grammar but didn't see anything about
it there.

Email me if you want more details.