Re: what format does the characters get stored in database

From: Linus Toshihiro Tanaka (ttanaka@us.oracle.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 18:30:48 EST

Hello Bhupesh,

It really depends on what database you are using. Also, it really
depends on what kinds of column types and what kinds of encoded
character sets (character encoding schemes) of the database you are
using.

Another thing is that what you see through certain database API may or
may not be same format (character encoding scheme) as inside the
database. For example, even if UTF-8 is used inside database, some API
may provide UCS-2 interface.