FW: Unicode Basic Question

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 17:23:20 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Lu & Nancy Lu [mailto:dnlu@worldlink-shanghai.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 6:14 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Unicode Basic Question

Dear Unicode:
     I have been struggling to work with Chinese characters with Visual
Basic 3.0, professional version on a Windows 95 operating system and
have been unable to display any. I have, from other programs, a Chinese
font and I have software with which to determine the Unicode for each
character that I want to display. But given these two, I do not know how
to display characters in a text box or a picture box. Do you have any
suggestions? I am looking for a program for which the input is a
Unicode and the output is a bitmap of a Chinese character.
    Please reply to daniellu@pol.net

Thanks,

Dan Lu