FW: Representing arabic or persian letters with latin letters and special diacritica

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 12:18:06 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Marx [mailto:ba949020@sowiciplnx.cip.sowi.uni-bamberg.de]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 9:34 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: special interest

Hallo,

I am sorry to bother you with that, but I did not find anything related to
the topic on your webpage:

Scientists use special character sets to represent arabic oder persian
letters with latin letters and special diacritica. Is something like that
already part of unicode? Or do you have to take the latin letters and add
to them diacritica from the unicode set of diacritica?

I hope you can at least guess what I am talking about. I am looking
foward to hearing from you soon.