RE: Difficulties with CSS2

From: Paul Dempsey (Exchange) (paulde@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 13:38:09 EST

There are many thousands of characters in ISO 10646 with codepoints above
161. See the ISO 10646 standard, the Unicode 2.0 book, or the Unicode
character database on the Unicode.org web site to get an idea of what they
are.

The description says that you can use any Unicode character outside the
ASCII range. For characters in the ASCII range, only [A-Za-z0-9] plus '-'
can be used.

The '_' is code point 95, in the ASCII range. According to the description
above it's not allowed.

--- Paul Chase Dempsey
Microsoft Visual Studio Text Editor Development