RE: Multilingual Documents [was: HTML forms and UTF-8]

From: Tom Emerson (Tree@basistech.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:40:31 EST

As more multilingual search engines enter the commercial space I think we
will find more multilingual pages being generated on the web. So while
individuals may not be creating explicitly multilingual documents, I think
you can expect to find more pages being generated using UTF-8, by necessity.
If the browsers cannot support these then the user experience is going to be
lacking.

        -tree

Language Hacker                                    http://www.basistech.com