FW: PinYin

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 17:44:18 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Hentschel [mailto:rolandbln@berlin.snafu.de]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 2:24 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: PinYin

Hi!

I'm getting more and more surprised, that it seems to be so hard to use
the Chinese Transliteration Characters (PinYin).
Would be only very few extra chars, and I wouldn't have to write such
complicated and slow loading scripts as in
http://www.snafu.de/~rolandbln/HANZI/
(this page is loading veeeeeeeeeeery slowly!)
May be I just didn't find them? Or are they really not available? Even
as true-type-fonts there are no proper sets available
(mostly using different symbols for the varios "a")...

Any ideas?

( -: roland :- )