Re: IPA query for all you linguists out there

From: Robert Brady (
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 13:26:22 EST

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Michael Everson wrote:

> [U+0251U+02D0] is used to indicate the long a as in father.
> [U+0254U+02D0] is used to indicate the long aw as in law.
> How, exactly, do I represent a vowel midway between the two? It must be a
> diacritic of some sort, probably on U+0251....

The "raised" diacritic, U+031E, goes below U+0251 to indicate that. U+0251
and U+0254 have conrasting roundness, though...


This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:56 EDT