RE: EA width, Latin punctuation and fonts

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 12:45:19 EST

I forgot to say one thing.

The Chinese GB character set should have a code point for what I called the
"dot-like hyphen". Peter, why don't you check what Unicode character the GB
character has been mapped to in the official Unicode mapping files?
(ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/EASTASIA/GB/GB12345.TXT)

That mapping could be sort of an implicit semi-official answer to your
question.

_ Marco