Re: Where to Add new Currency Sign?

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sina.sharif.ac.ir)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 11:46:45 EST

Iranians rarely use a special currency sign themselves. Only some old
typewriters are equipped with them, and also there is a symbol in the
national character set standard, which really few use (and is a "Rial"
written condensedly). I think where a symbol does not exist, the four
character string "REH FARSI-YEH ALEF LAM" is better than inventing a new
symbol. Also you may try to use the general currency sign U+00A4.

--Roozbeh