RE: Unicode Cyrillic GHE DE PE TE in Serbian

From: Janko Stamenovic (janko@teletrader.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 08:21:51 EST

> Janko, how can you ask, in the *same* e-mail, that Serbian-Cyrillic and
> Russian-Cyrillic are dis-unified (because some lowercase letters look
> different in italic) *and* that the whole Cyrillic and Latin alphabets be
> unified (because some letters look the same)?

I just demonstrate to you that the REAL standard must take care of
everything, not only parts of the issue. If we have to know about language
tags, we either should have incorporated them in the code or made the
code/standard good enough to take care of it.

So my only goal is to demonstrate the problem which are real. They are not
problems of representations of some old languages but the current problem of
current language.