[nelocsig] Globalization for disabilities

From: Suzanne Topping (stopping@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 12:00:19 EST

Hello all,

A few months ago, I raised the issue of the next generation of software
internationalization, meaning that functionality and feature access would be
"componentized" so that it was modifiable during localization.

I have been asked to do some research on whether anyone out there is
expanding the concept of globalization to include support for people with
disabilities. Sometime recently there was a discussion on the Unicode list
about Braille, and so I am hoping that some list members may be dealing with
these issues.

Any referrals to experts or to available resources on this topic would be

Thank you.

Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)
28 Ericsson Street
Rochester, New York, 14610-1705
Phone: 716-473-0791
Fax: 716-231-2013
Email: stopping@rochester.rr.com

(Send me an email to join the North East Localization Special Interest
Group, an email distribution list which acts as a discussion forum for
localization issues.)

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! XpertSite is the biggest directory
of Experts on the Web. For a REAL PERSON who will be happy to answer your questions!

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/nelocsig/