[nelocsig] Globalization for disabilities

From: Suzanne Topping (stopping@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 12:00:19 EST

Hello all,

A few months ago, I raised the issue of the next generation of software
internationalization, meaning that functionality and feature access would be
"componentized" so that it was modifiable during localization.

I have been asked to do some research on whether anyone out there is
expanding the concept of globalization to include support for people with
disabilities. Sometime recently there was a discussion on the Unicode list
about Braille, and so I am hoping that some list members may be dealing with
these issues.

Any referrals to experts or to available resources on this topic would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)
28 Ericsson Street
Rochester, New York, 14610-1705
USA
Phone: 716-473-0791
Fax: 716-231-2013
Email: stopping@rochester.rr.com

(Send me an email to join the North East Localization Special Interest
Group, an email distribution list which acts as a discussion forum for
localization issues.)

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! XpertSite is the biggest directory
of Experts on the Web. For a REAL PERSON who will be happy to answer your questions!
http://click.egroups.com/1/472/5/_/17096/_/947610248/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/nelocsig/