Re: Etruscan

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 01:55:43 EST

At 07:48 -0800 2000/01/14, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Timothy Partridge wrote:
>
> > Some Latin texts have individual mirrored characters, especially when the
> > character is an abbreviation for a name. I would agree though that should
> > not have the mirrored property. (Texts written RTL seem more common to me
> > than mirrored ones, but that may reflect the relative ease of doing them
> > with traditional printing.)
> >
> > Your Egyptian proposal contained a control to mirror a single character.
> > Surely this is more widely applicable.
>
>I really recommend someone purpose a mirror reflection modifie.
>
>--Roozbeh

Can we please leave something to be done in higher-level markup? :-)

I can get "right-reading" and "wrong-reading" printing via a printer
driver, for whole texts, and via embedded graphics for fragments and
short passages such as the original
<Font=Times-Mirror>ykcowrebbaJ</Font>. I haven't seen the need for a
page makeup program to mark objects for reversed rendering, but I
don't mind if anyone implements it.

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot! Oh, do let me help undo it."