Off-topic: Europa character set

From: A. Vine (avine@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 16:54:39 EST

Can anyone on this list provide me with info on the Europa character set? I had
an email from someone who very kindly sent me some GIFs with the characters, but
his descriptions were lost due to an email move. I'm looking for where it is
used, what orgs have standardized on it, history, who created it, etc.

Please note: the character set name is actually "Europa". I'm not looking for
character sets used in Europe in general.

Even a pointer to a Web page would be great.

Thanks for any help,
Andrea

--
Andrea Vine, avine@eng.sun.com, Sun-Netscape Alliance i18n architect
"So I just don't see this as an either-or issue as much as apples are