Re: AppleWorks and ATSUI

From: Deborah Goldsmith (
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:36:54 EST

on 1/26/2000 11:04 PM, Yung-Fong Tang <> wrote:

> That is really my question- which Apple application use ATSUI, TSM 1.5 or

Shipping right now, MRJ and Kotoeri, our Japanese input method. Both of
these are key Apple technologies. In the future, many key Apple technologies
will be using ATSUI and MLTE. I can't discuss these here. Apple is heavily
committed to this technology. If you choose to be skeptical about what I am
saying, there is nothing I can do about that. Time will bear it out.

> They don't even
> have a good migration story for TSM 1.0 application to TSM 1.5 application. I
> mean they said what need to be done, without giving enough sampel for the code
> migration or co-exist (support binary which can run both on TSM 1.0 and 1.5)

Can you be more specific about what information you need? Perhaps private
e-mail would be best as I doubt most people here are interested.

Deborah Goldsmith
Manager, International Toolbox Group
Apple Computer, Inc.