RE: The Tughrik, Dhrakhma, & Pfennig Currency Signs

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 18:08:12 EST

Robert Wheelock asked:

> Hello, UniCoders!
> Do you happen to have images of the 3 newly-adopted currency signs in UniCode
> (tughrik, dhrakhma, & pfennig [German Penny])? Thank You!

The TUGRIK and DRACHMA will soon be appearing, when we can get the online
charts updated to 3.0. (The TUGRIK looks like a capital T, with two
slanting lines crossing the vertical of the T. The DRACHMA looks like
a script capital D followed by a small rho.)

The German penny symbol has been accepted by the UTC, but it is not
part of Unicode 3.0. It will be some time before it is part of an official
amendment to 10646 and is published in a future version of the Unicode Standard.

--Ken