Re: 8859-1, 8859-15, 1252 and Euro (bis)

From: John Wilcock (john@tradoc.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 02:16:33 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:46:04 -0800 (PST), Alain wrote:
> Now for the headers that is another
> story. I proposed a solution to the problem you have and which because of
> this affects me, but if email client developers don't want to solve it that
> is another story.

You may also like to take a look at Agent 1.7 (from www.forteinc.com),
which has fully compliant charset handling for both news and mail.
The only niggle is that internally it is still codepage-based, so
while it handles Unicode you can't display multiple scripts in a
single message.

It also allows user access to the charset definitions, making it very
easy to add new charsets or control the options for existing ones.
I've recently added iso-8859-16 to mine, for instance.

John.

--
-- Over 1000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.tradoc.fr/john/webcams/
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - http://www.tradoc.fr/en/