Re: ISO/IEC 10646-1: 2000 submitted to ISO for publication

From: Alain LaBonté  (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 11:36:35 EST

À 06:16 2000-03-02 -0800, Hart, Edwin F. a écrit:
>As of today, March 3, ISO obtained approval for the last amendment (number
>31, Tibetan Extension) to be incorporated into the second edition of ISO/IEC
>10646-1. The final (English) text has been submitted for publication as
>ISO/IEC 10646-1: 2000.
>
>I understand that ISO will be publishing the second edition on CD-ROM. I
>also understand that the second edition in French is almost ready for
>publication.

[Alain] It is ready indeed (however we discovered a few typos in the
non-Han glyph table pages - including identification in the headers that it
was an English version: "(E)" while it should indicate "(F)"!). Michel
Suignard and Asmus Freytag do the necessary to correct this plus a few
typos (less than 10 characters to correct, perhaps) in our list of names.
This week.

A great thanks to both of them, in passing. That was very nice.

Hopefully all this [(E) and (F) versions] should be published on the same
CD-ROM. Technically there is no obstacle to this. AFNOR is our privileged
interface to ITTF. ITTF is also informed of all the situation, as they very
kindly provided all the material that we needed to complete the work, they
were very nice and efficient too, so our duty was to act fast and so did
we. Jean-Yves Fortin got approval from "Industry Canada" for a small
contract to make sure that Patrick Andries and François Yergeau could
complete the work, begun 5 years ago, in due time. Bernard Chauvois (Tours,
France) did revise the French text too, very diligently. Thanks to ITTF, to
AFNOR, to Jean-Yves, to everybody.

Mission accomplished.

Alain LaBonté
Québec