FW: ANSI/Unicode => MAC/PC

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:47:49 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Bredemus [mailto:Luc.Bredemus@luxcontrol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 1:50 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Cc: errata@unicode.org
Subject: ANSI/Unicode => MAC/PC

Hello

My name is Luc Bredemus from Luxembourg and I am a student at the IST.

I've got the following problem, on a MAC-server reside over 5000 documents;
until we have installed Win NT server (Version 4.0 and service packet 5) and
of course the SFM (Services for Macintosh), the PC and Mac world are
connected over Ethernet.

Now you may imagine where my problem resides, we want to modify the
documents so, that we may acces the documents from both sides, but due to
the effect that MACOS allow characters which WIN NT does not allow, certain
files are not accessible. My job is to write a script/program which gives us
the possibility to modify these files.

Could it be possible that by using a more recent version of Unicode that
that problem is automatically solved ? Or have you any idea to solve my
problem ?

If so, please let me know it, otherwhise let me know it too !

Thanx best regards

Bredemus Luc