Re: Case Sensitive

From: Alain LaBonté  (alb@iquebec.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 23:05:05 EST

À 12:56 2000-03-21 -0800, Magda Danish (Unicode) a écrit:
>Mmes/Mssrs,
>
>I am in search of a list of languages for which case sensitivity becomes an
>issue whenever searches or sorts are performed on those languages.
>
>Most languages following into this category, as I understand, are either
>European or Middle Eastern.
>
>Can you provide this list or point me to a document, resource or person who
>has this information?

[Alain] For some languages it might not matter much but matter in
exceptional cases. In French, for example, « le Français » and « le
the second means « the French language », but this is much more exceptional
a difference than in German (although it also obeys to a strict rule in
French, it is not randomly occuring).

    These were my two cents... if it may be useful info.

Alain LaBonté
Beijing

Si votre email etait sur iFrance vous pourriez ecouter ce message au tel !
http://www.ifrance.com : ne laissez plus vos emails loin de vous ...
gratuit sur iFrance : emails (20 MO, POP, FAX), Agenda, Site perso