Tibetan Digits

From: John O'Conner (John.Oconner@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 18:34:40 EDT

While perusing various characters with numeric values, I found some of
the Tibetan digits particularly interesting:

TIBETAN DIGIT HALF ONE (U+0F2A) value of 1/2
TIBETAN DIGIT HALF TWO (U+0F2B) value of 3/2
TIBETAN DIGIT HALF NINE (U+0F32) value of 17/2
TIBETAN DIGIT HALF ZERO (U+0F33) value of -1/2

These values struck me as so different from my typical that I am
compelled to learn the history or significance of these values. What
special use do these values have in Tibetan life, business, or history?

Regards,
John O'Conner