Re: FW: Euro in the DOS box under Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine.Leca@renault.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 09:04:25 EDT

Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com wrote:

> > If Markus' solution fails too, and you are on *real* DOS, and
> > you have a VGA, and your screen size is 80x25 cells, and your
> > cells are 8x16 pixels, the you can try a really dirt hack.

I believe there are easier solutions!

If you are on text-mode DOS, then the correct way is to use
proper .CPI file with the Euro character in one cell, right?

I once saw such a .CPI, with the Y2K update for IBM DOS 7
(that was an Euro update as well): Euro character was at
position D5, and the .CPI included in the update reflected
the changes. They worked quite well with any version of DOS
from 3.3 up, including MS-DOS 7.x (the one below Windows 9x).
I did not check with NT, but I do not expect problems.

On the other hand, I have no idea of the licence stuff.
I would not be surprised if extracting the .CPI from the
package to give it away is not allowed.

Antoine